Myers-Holum’s technology roadmapping for our NetSuite clients involves aligning technology initiatives with the business goals and objectives. There are some key steps and considerations in developing a technology roadmap tailored to the needs of our client.
Key Steps & Considerations
- Assessment of current state and understanding the organization’s short-term and long-term business goals.
- Input from key stakeholders, including finance, operations, IT, and executive leadership.
- Prioritization of technology initiatives based on business impact, urgency, and feasibility.
- Identification of specific NetSuite enhancements or customizations required to meet business needs.
- Development of an integration strategy with other systems, such as CRM, e-commerce, and third-party applications.
- Financial and other reporting requirements
- Data management assessment
- Establishment of a change management strategy, project timelines and key milestones.
- Necessary training and documentation for success
- Security measures and compliance requirements addressed in roadmap.
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to measure the success.
Requirements Gathering and Process Mapping
Requirements gathering and process mapping serve as the cornerstone uon which we construct a roadmap tailored to your unique business needs. This is a collaborative exploration with you to understand the current state of your technology stack and how it might better serve your needs. Together, we gather and categorize business requirements, outline major process flows, and craft a strategic technology overlay. This phase is not only about understanding your organization’s current landscape but also envisioning the path to future success. The focus is on delivering key documents and insights that will guide the entire technology implementation journey. Key deliverables often include:
Requirements Collection. Comprehensive business requirements, categorized and prioritized.
Roadmap. A strategic roadmap outlining the planned technology initiatives and their timelines.
Process Maps. Visual representations of current and proposed workflows, illustrating process improvements.
Team Mapping. An organizational mapping that identifies team roles and responsibilities in the context of the new processes.